Banstead United Reformed Church
The Church first started in 1940 when a group of local Christians
felt it was time that Banstead had its own Reformed Church. Twenty-four people met for a service in the then school hall.
With support from the Congregational Church in Sutton and others in this area, this Church was formally constituted as Banstead Congregational Church in 1946
when our fifty-two founder members signed a Covenant, setting out their aims, ideals and commitment. A copy of this Covenant can be seen on the noticeboard in the vestibule.
In 1951, the first buildings were opened. They now form the left hand side
of our present buildings as youlook from the front.
A new and larger sanctuary was added in 1957, a further large meeting room
(the Fellowship Room) in 1962 and the whole sanctuary and vestibule were
extended and enhanced in 2000.
These additions to the buildings have reflected the growth in church attendance and membership here. Our present membership is one hundred and thirty seven. Our average congregation on a Sunday morning is about a hundred men, women and children.